DISTRICTS (BIDs, GIDs, + CREATIVE) STAFF 5+
$525 / YEAR
Find collaborative support for development and improvement districts through forums and research to promote your achievements as general improvement district, business improvement district, and creative district members. DCI seeks discussion leaders, panelists, researchers, and others interested in engaging on the important issues these districts face. DCI also works behind the scenes to inform district leaders about possible challenging legislation or trends that might threaten the use of district financing tools.
Part of DCI's mission is to have appropriate content for everyone, and if you're district is large enough to have five or more staff, there are additional tools and resources available to you through DCI.
DISTRICT MEMBER ADVANTAGES
- Buy one - Get one free registration at IN THE GAME conferences
- University Capstone Project support
- Discounts on DCI hosted events
- Annual Downtown Vitality Check
- Monthly Director Calls
- Job / RFP Posting access
- Networking + Information Sharing
- Training for BID or GID Board & Staff
- Story Telling + Reporting Processes
- Financing Mechanism Workshops
- Professional Development
- Sharing Successes
DCI membership connects and builds collaboration with other District leaders to share innovative approaches and best practice around:
- Organization structure: strategic plans + evaluation tools; board makeup + management;
- Staff development;
- District feasibility/ formation/renewal/expansion;
- Public outreach: civic engagement + activation; inclusion; homeless outreach;
- Economic development: business recruitment + retention, industry trends; equity gentrification economic sustainability;
- Transportation: mobility; future trends;
- Operations: clean + safe programs; maintenance issues;
- Marketing + events: branding; placemaking; emerging trends; sponsorship.
Here are even more ways we support DCI Organizational members:
- Networking + Information Sharing. Through DCI’s membership directory connect with district professionals throughout the year. During DCI’s quarterly District Committee meetings spend an afternoon networking, discussing innovative approaches, best practices and collaboratively problem-solve district challenges and issues.
- Training for BID or GID Board + Staff. Ensure that your board and staff members can make informed decisions with realistic solutions with DCI’s expertise and access to peer communities to facilitate retreats, and community dialogues about financing, strategic planning, and more.
- Story Telling + Reporting Processes. Use DCI’s expertise to help establish the data sets and collection processes for tracking the impacts that are important to your community. Learn from peers and experts about using key data points to tell a more compelling story of the impacts of your work.
- Financing Mechanism Workshops. Engage your staff, board members, and emerging leaders with workshops that review different types of funding, partnerships, and ideas to expand the capacity of your district in the community.
- Professional Development. Throughout the year, enjoy member rates at various DCI workshops, special events, including the DCI Annual Conference. Events + workshops feature industry experts and leaders covering a vast array of topics.
- Sharing Successes. Build awareness of the positive impacts of your district by showcasing your projects through DCI’s annual Governor’s Awards for Downtown Excellence.