This annual one day workshop provides targeted education sessions to ensure that board members and staff understand how urban renewal authorities work. Content is intended to inform while encouraging dialogue to ensure a greater understanding of the tool, processes, and projects.
Focused Learning Areas:
• ABC's of Urban Renewal: Why was urban renewal created? How does urban renewal work?
• Tax Increment Financing 101: What is TIF? Proper public uses of TIF revenue. Bonding, borrowing, and creating incentives.
• Legal meeting requirements: What is public record? Open records and Sunshine laws as they relate to URA.
• Board Functions and Communication: The Board Member - Director Relationship; and Urban Renewal Reporting: Annual reporting, collateral materials, websites, and case studies.
• Review of Recent Legislation and Possible Impacts.
• Advanced URA Leadership Academy: A look at advanced project development and innovative new practices.
If you have a URA membership with DCI, you receive a 50% discount to this event. Log in to your account to access this discount. Contact Caitlin Hale if you would like to sign up for membership or check on an existing membership.