MIG - Principal or Director of Planning
We are excited to be growing our Denver planning team and are seeking a leadership role for an experienced Principal or Director of Planning to join our team of planners, urban designers, landscape architects, and civil engineers in our Denver office.
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that creates plans for neighborhoods, districts and communities of all sizes around Colorado and across the United States. You will also be a member of the Denver office management team and the firmwide Planning and Design leadership team where you will coordinate with other Directors and Principals on the future of planning in the Denver office and firmwide.
- Project Oversight: As a Principal or Director, you will be leading teams as well as working hands-on creating bold, innovative, and equitable planning solutions. This role is expected to provide thought leadership, ensure quality control, and mentor more junior staff in planning methods and best practices.
- Project Work: Principals and Directors at MIG work hands-on on our projects by contributing to high-quality planning documents and other deliverables; maintaining client relationships; identifying the correct course of action to the client; representing clients at public hearings and meetings; and set the standards for excellence, responsiveness, and accountability. In addition, you will manage projects directly by providing overarching project direction and oversight of work products; work with project managers to engage internal and external subconsultant and client teams; and develop, review and oversee scopes of work, budgets, and schedules.
- Project Types: The projects you will typically work on may include citywide comprehensive plans, small area plans, neighborhood plans, downtown plans, housing strategies, parks and recreation system plans, and inclusive community engagement. As a Principal or Director, there are also ample opportunities to help influence the types of planning work the team pursues and grow into new marketplaces and geographies.
- Client Relationships: You will help build and maintain strong and responsive client interactions by developing and maintaining relationships with current and potential clients for the purpose of providing services that address their needs by developing and implementing marketing strategies, preparing proposals, and helping to define market gaps and new opportunities.
- Leadership Role: Directors and Principals at MIG serve as a leader for the firm and group, working together with staff to ensure effective project management, mentor, supervise and train staff, conduct business development, and keep an eye on MIG’s vision, purpose, and reputation in the professional and regulatory community. You will also help facilitate cross-office and cross- discipline collaboration for the team, level workloads, lead team meetings, and complete staff performance reviews.
MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required for community engagement, site evaluations, or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
Compensation Type: Salary
Compensation Range: $100,000-$140,000