RFP - Stormwater Art in Lakewood, CO
A Joint Project of the Lakewood Stormwater Management Utility (City) and the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District (ACBID)
Deadline for Submission of Artwork: Artwork may be submitted anytime and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Artist Compensation for Designs Selected: $500 per design chosen.
NOTE: The transaction will be construed as a purchase, not a loan, with ownership of the work(s) transferred jointly to the City and the ACBID. Name recognition will be given to artists when works are photographed for digital or print display.
The City of Lakewood Stormwater Management Utility and the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District (ACBID) are teaming up on a project to educate the public on the importance of clean water while beautifying the community through colorful public artwork.
Our goal is to educate the public that pollutants going into storm drains flow untreated into our creeks and rivers. We are looking for artwork that paints a picture of the importance of keeping the water in our creeks clean for humans, fish, and wildlife.
Local artists are invited to create graphic or illustrated designs that reflect the theme “We’re all Downstream”. Designs will be reviewed and selected by the City of Lakewood Stormwater Management Utility and ACBID. The size of the storm sewer inlets varies at each location and have different dimensions and restrictions.
Local artists are invited to submit up to three designs for consideration. Designs will be printed on alumigraphic wrap material and placed on the pavement near storm drains or manholes.
All artist submissions must be in a vector file format:
- JPEG, EPS or PNG at 300dpi at 24″x 36″.
- Submissions should be outlined to eliminate the need for fonts and/or “imported” artwork.
- No Ai format submissions please.
- Artist will be available to assist fabricator/installer with any questions or concerns.
- Artist may be required to work with the selection committee on minor adjustments to the designs.
- Artwork will be accepted for consideration on a rolling basis.
- Artist should incorporate their signature or logo into design at time of submission.
- Interested artists should submit designs meeting the above vector file requirements and an artist portfolio by email to Tom Quinn, ACBID Executive Director, [email protected]
Contact ACBID Executive Director Tom Quinn at (303) 274-1807, [email protected].
Information on the Alameda Corridor Business Improvement District is available on our website.
Compensation Type: Hourly