Executive Director - Fort Morgan Area Chamber of Commerce
About the Role
The Fort Morgan Area Chamber of Commerce is a vibrant, growing community of member businesses and nonprofit organizations from the Fort Morgan Colorado area. With a packed schedule of networking opportunities, events, and educational opportunities, the Executive Director spearheads the Chamber’s effort to serve as a constant support and resource for business and non-profit organizations of all types and sizes. The Executive Director role requires a uniquely-qualified professional who is as comfortable being the ‘face’ of the organization as they are responsible for day-to-day operations as well as completing financial analysis and strategic planning efforts to ensure the Chamber continues to be successful for years to come. Self-motivation and poise are a must, as is an ability to organize, plan, lead, and manage at both macro and micro levels. The Executive Director must also possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to demonstrate the value of the Fort Morgan Chamber to current and potential members and sponsors. It is imperative that they have a passion for member engagement, networking, collaboration, and community!
- Serves as the chief administrative officer for the Fort Morgan Area Chamber of Commerce
- Manages Chamber business within the framework of an established budget developed and approved with the help of the Board of Directors, including managing Chamber income and expenses to achieve annual budgeted net income goals and approving all financial disbursements for the Chamber, among other duties
- Oversees all aspects of the Chamber Office, including ensuring the operation of the visitor center space
- Provides general supervision over work performed for the Chamber by staff, volunteers, interns, vendors, etc.
- Plans and maintains the Chamber event calendar for major Chamber events, Grand Openings and Ribbon-Cuttings, Board of Directors meetings, and Executive Board of Directors meetings
- Secures sponsorships for all Chamber events and meetings that require sponsorships
- Actively engages the Fort Morgan business and non---profit community as a brand ambassador for the Chamber, including promoting the benefits of a Chamber membership and listening and responding to the needs of member businesses, resulting in new members joining the Chamber and retention of existing members
- Serves on Board of Directors Sub-Committees as a liaison or as otherwise directed by the Board
- Oversees the planning and execution of all Chamber events, including scheduling, logistics, recruiting volunteers, sponsorships, advertising, maintaining a budget, etc.
- Oversees Chamber social media activities via Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other appropriate social media channels
- Oversees maintenance, updates, and content of the Chamber website
- Provides strategic analysis of Chamber operations and events, continually evaluating for profitability, cost-benefit, alignment with Chamber mission, popularity, etc., and making recommendations accordingly.
- Continually assesses Chamber efforts to engage and provide value to Chamber membership, generating new ideas and initiatives to ensure the expectations and interests of members are being met
- Serves as an active member and Chamber representative to applicable community organizations & boards
- Provides customer service for Chamber members and the general public
- Provides customer service to visitors of the visitor's center space
- Other duties as assigned
About the Company
For over one hundred years, our organization has both literally and figuratively been paving the roads for our business community. Our mission is to progressively lead our community in becoming a place people want to call home and do business. Through a variety of memberships & sponsorships, the FMACC can provide owners & operators with a sustainable business community and foster economic growth and positive change in Fort Morgan and the greater Morgan County region.