Housing Program Manager - Town of Frisco
The Housing Program Manager is a full-time, year round salaried position and creates and implements housing strategies to achieve the Town’s housing goals contained in the yearly Town Council Strategic Plan, the Frisco Community Plan, the Strategic Housing Implementation Plan, and other guiding documents of the town. Manages and administers the Town’s housing programs, included but not limited to, employee housing, and supports new housing initiatives, housing policy development, etc. The incumbent in this position will work primarily in affordable workforce housing formulating and executing strategies, plans, programs and policies, and performing administrative tasks, including public assistance and customer service, data and budget management, and research related to affordable housing. Responsible for managing and supervising the administration of the Town of Frisco’s Short-Term Rental program. Assists in development review of workforce housing applications. Acts as the on-site project manager for Town-funded workforce housing development projects.
Potential transitional housing available.
- Serves as lead housing staff undertaking the creation, administration and implementation of the Town’s housing programs and initiatives. Manages the implementation of the strategic housing planning efforts.
- Performs complex and diverse administrative, technical, analytical and professional work. Primarily in affordable workforce housing formulating and executing strategies, plans, programs, and policies and performing administrative tasks, including public assistance and customer service, data and budget management, and research related to affordable housing.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Summit Combined Housing Authority (SCHA), and in conjunction with SCHA, manages deed restrictions and database, pursues enforcement of deed restrictions, confirms resale calculations, and is the first point of contact for SCHA with housing qualifications. Works closely with SCHA staff on regional projects affecting Frisco such as needs assessments, AMI changes, and policies. Attends SCHA board meetings as staff representative. Provides updates to management and Town Council on SCHA activities and projects in other County jurisdictions.
- Prepares RFPs and necessary agreements or contracts with partners, contractors, etc. Works closely with department staff on community outreach for projects.
- Works closely with Community Development staff to identify and vet opportunities that are viable options consistent with the Town Council Strategic Plan, the Frisco Community Plan, the Strategic Housing Implementation Plan, and other guiding documents of the town including strategic plans, land use plans, and development code.
- Guides housing development, specifically to increase the supply of affordable housing through new construction by the public or private sector, development, acquisition/rehabilitations, and partnerships and collaborations.
- Oversees the management of the Town of Frisco-owned rental properties including coordination of the selection process of tenants, preparation and execution of leases, arrangement of rent collection, enforcement of leases, and handling tenant issues and the contract property management and maintenance company.
- Researches, collects and tracks data, trends, and metrics related to deed restricted housing (ownership, re-sales, capital improvements, absorption, inventory of units, need, etc.) and prepares reports. Creates and maintains accurate and complete file systems, databases, deeds, and contact lists. Analyzes data on all residential properties in town on use of existing housing stock (i.e. full time residents, second homes, short term rentals).
- Prepares and presents information including PowerPoint presentations at Town Council or other meetings, workshops and events to explain housing options, projects, and programs. Creates printed and digital information materials; writes and produces letters, public notices, forms, and articles for Town newsletters. Maintains the program website and respond to inquiries regarding the town’s housing initiatives.
- Analyzes community needs, identifies gaps in housing; keeps abreast of issues, trends and opportunities relevant to housing; provides pertinent information and recommendations to management, takes advantage of new opportunities to improve programs, and evaluate effectiveness of programs and services.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of federal and state housing programs. Prepares grants. Conducts special projects and performs related work as assigned.
- Manages the administration of the short term rental program including the STR Specialist position; application review and license approval and/or renewal, complaint hotline and follow up with CSO on issue units to resolve or contact homeowner, code violation/citation, preparing discovery for municipal court, review of suspended or revoked licenses to ensure no rentals during this period of time, and assuring compliance with STR Ordinance and processes for enforcement. Works closely with the Revenue Specialist for process efficiency regarding fees and tax remittance.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and supervise STR Specialist. Set goals for employee and conduct periodic performance reviews.
- Adheres to Town of Frisco policies, standards, and regulations including but not limited to proper attire, safety procedures, and overall professionalism.
- Communicates in a professional, courteous and timely manner both verbally and written when dealing with Town of Frisco Employees, citizens, customers and vendors.
- Ability to function and make good decisions in the absence of a supervisor.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned