Creative District Membership Announced
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
DENVER -- May 22, 2012 -- Downtown Colorado, Inc. (DCI), a nonprofit membership organization committed to building better communities through educational and technical assistance, is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Colorado Creative Industries to offer a special Creative District Membership.
Creative District Members have the opportunity to participate in a variety of services, including:
- Downtown Institutes: Educational sessions based on the Main Street Approach, held quarterly in different locations throughout Colorado.
- DCI Annual Conference held September 12-14 in Golden with an opportunity to submit a nomination to the Governor's Awards for Downtown Excellence Gala.
- On-Site Technical Assistance: A team of DCI multi-disciplinary downtown revitalization specialists visit communities to jump-start revitalization
- Networking: Communities and consultant groups provide ample opportunities to share best downtown revitalization practices and practical solutions.
- Discounts for educational and networking events and opportunities to request specific topics relevant to districts.
View the 2012 DCI Calendar of Events Here!
Creative District membership is available to the first two inaugural creative districts: The Art District on Sante Fe, and the City of Salida; Prospective Creative Districts: Longmont Arts & Entertainment District, Town of Ridgeway, Downtown Pueblo, Town of Telluride, and Denver's River North Art District; Emerging Creative Districts: Downtown Parker, City of Trinidad, Downtown Greeley and the University District, Downtown Colorado Springs, 40 West Arts District in Lakewood, Aurora Arts District, Durango Business Improvement District, and North Fork Valley in Delta County; and all communities who have applied for Creative District Designation.
About Downtown Colorado, Inc.
Established in 1982 as the Colorado Community Revitalization Association, Downtown Colorado, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit membership organization that aims to build better communities by providing assistance to downtowns, commercial districts and town centers in Colorado. Members represent downtown organizations, local governments, development and improvement districts, consultants, individuals and others involved in downtown and community development.