Emerging Leader Membership FAQ
What are the advantages of DCI membership compared to other professional organizations?
As a Colorado organization, you will tap into a network of professionals working in your state. Furthermore, unlike professional organizations that serve only one sector, DCI members include local governments, state agencies and private firms. These firms work in: planning, architecture, landscape architecture, graphic design, law, economic development, public policy, historic preservation and small business development.
Will joining DCI be a worthwhile investment for a student or young professional on a limited budget?
Becoming a member of DCI has proven to be extremely valuable for emerging leaders. For only $100 each year, you will gain access to:
- Jobs and RFPS throughout Colorado
- Access to DCI Educational Events at the member rate
- Access to DCI’s Annual Conference at the member rate
- The opportunity to showcase your skills as part of a DCI Technical Assistance team
- The opportunity to join DCI emerging leader professional development meetings
- Improve partnerships and improve business retention and recruitment.
With an already packed schedule, will I have time to take advantage of my DCI membership?
Yes! If you are interested in educational events, but are unable to travel, DCI offers webinars and the ability to call in to our educational events. If you would like to volunteer but are unable to spend two days on a technical assistance team, DCI offers a variety of opportunities to volunteer assisting with research, GIS analysis, graphic design, organizational development and data management for Colorado’s downtowns. DCI also offers happy hours and networking events throughout the year for you to connect with likeminded people and build your professional network.